Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Oracle, Sonar and Schnow, oh my

'ello, yes, I am still alive... bleh - been busy busy busy recently, it's been quite a week or two....

We had our first major deployment of Sonar to get out, so none of us got home until after midnight until Thursday. Eventually got it done, though, to huge relief and slaps on the back all round, thanks to some Herculean efforts from everyone on the team.

After a week like that, I needed to get right away from it all, so a weekend in the mountains of Scotland for some ice climbing was just the job. I learned quite a lot over that weekend -

- supporting my 12-and-a-half-stone on four tiny metal spikes sticking out of my toes gets pretty damn painful on the calves after four hours or so
- just because the weather is gorgeous right now, doesn't mean that it's not going to be bloody grim soon
- and many more

I got back to work yesterday, with just one day to recover before tonight's extravaganza at the Oracle Partner Innovation Awards - we've been nominated for the "Hottest Tech Prospect In The UK" award, so we're off to meet 'n' greet 'n' press the flesh with the industry bigwigs.

...which was nice...

Hopefully some point soon I'll be able to get back to some technical posts on this 'ere blog, as I have a couple of goodies to impart (even one CF-related, shock, horror) and I'll post them as soon as I get chance to package them up.

No comments: