Friday, October 12, 2007

It Lives..!

OK, so posts have been a bit thin on the ground lately, due to being very busy at work but mostly on pre-sales stuff or client-confidential stuff.... but in general, just being so damn busy all the time.

I've been to the States on a client visit, where we also went to see the supremely-smashing Nellie McKay play at The Birchmere. I'd never heard her before, and Peter just said "She's kind of hard to describe..." - I ended up describing the gig as like Frank Zappa and Paul Simon jamming with Suzanne Vega and Phoebe from Friends, and I think that's about as close as I can get.

I've been sport-climbing in the magnificent El Chorro in Andalucia, which I'll post more about on Dynamove (which I've also been neglecting lately)

I've been studying the Social Dynamics of Werewolves and Lynch Mobs...and if you want an atmospheric bar in which to do so, you couldn't get better than Shunt - it was like walking into the bar in An American Werewolf In Paris

I've also been coding more in the last couple of weeks, working on LDAP importers and such, and I've come up against some interesting questions of scale, which I'll post more about later....

No comments: